Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ newest ship, Seven Seas Splendor, is showcasing its new culinary offerings—focusing on dishes that bring aboard local ingredients and culinary traditions from destinations where the ship is sailing.
Seven Seas Splendor will be designed by Studio DADO founding partners Yohandel Ruiz and Javier Calle and lead designer Scheherezade Marles. The design project will include the ship’s Observation Lounge, spa, card room, Constellation Theater, Connoisseur Club cigar lounge, Pacific Rim Pan-Asian specialty restaurant, and all 55 Penthouse Suites, Grand Suites and Superior Suites on board. The ship sets sail in February 2020.
Here are the dining venues onboard:
- Compass Rose: The largest specialty restaurant onboard. Cuisine like Chateaubriand with a Red Wine Grain Mustard Sauce or entirely new dishes like the MalaysianStyle Braised Beef Short Rib with a flavorful Curry Sauce and Jasmine Rice are served on Versace dinnerware.
- Pacific Rim: This specialty restaurant is decorated with wood carvings and an art installation of a mythical dragon, setting the tone for the Pan-Asian dishes served.
- La Veranda (Breakfast and Lunch) and Sette Mari at La Veranda (Dinner): Italy is part of Seven Seas Splendor’s itinerary with Sette Mari at La Veranda’s dinner menu of Italian specialties, inspired by family recipes which were handed down from generation to generation.
- Chartreuse: This specialty restaurant serves classic French fare with a modern twist. Dishes include Frog Legs in Garlic Cream Sauce with Rutabaga or the tender Veal Rack Loin with Caramelized Endive, Grape Chutney and Walnut Veal Jus Sauce.
- Prime 7: This intimate steakhouse serves American fare like New York strip steaks, porterhouse or filet mignon, while some new dishes re-imagine the ocean’s offerings.
- Coffee Connection: This expanded Coffee Connection is exclusive to Seven Seas Splendor. It has the feel of a metropolitan café.
- Pool Grill: An al fresco, on-deck dining experience with a panoramic view of the surrounding landscapes, serving regional barbecues and the freshly grilled fish of the day.
Additionally, here are some culinary experiences available onboard and ashore:
- Culinary Arts Kitchen: Designed as a specialized facility with 18 individual cooking stations, the Culinary Arts Kitchen onboard Seven Seas Splendor offers a range of 20 new culinary classes teaching professional techniques and recipes by master chef instructors.
- Gourmet Explorer Tours: The new Gourmet Explorer Tours deliver epicurean adventures, personally crafted by Regent’s Executive Chef & Director of Culinary Enrichment, Kathryn Kelly. Guests can choose from a variety of optional tours that take them to local markets to find exotic spices, sample wines at estates and have meals prepared by locally renowned chefs.
This article was originally posted on Travel Agent Central.